Saturday, April 17, 2010

Update

Well most of last week has been pretty good. I think my strength was coming back. I actually straighted up the house some on Tuesday. On Wednesday, I worked in the office, and I have a good working day from home on Thursday.

Then I hit the wall yesterday. I am still having some trouble getting myself back to normal after taking antibiotics, and as Todd says, I probably did too much. Poor Todd came back in the bedroom last night to find me in tears. I am just tired of being in pain. I think things are getting worse, but not because my condition is getting worse (I think that is about the same), but because the end of pregnancy aches and pains are being added to it.

So, today, I am feeling a little better than yesterday. I am in less pain, but I have a lot less energy. I am a bit sad because I am missing out on a cookout at Oak Mountain. But, I am so glad that Todd and Erik are able to go. I am glad they are enjoying a spring activity, and I am hopefully going to do some online shopping tonight.

I remember enjoying the last of Erik's pregnancy (even with the end of pregnancy aches and pains) because there were showers, a nursery to decorate, baby clothes to wash and put away, trips to Target and BabiesRUs to buy supplies and just look in wonder at all the baby stuff. I spent time talking to Erik in the womb, and I felt like we bonded even before he was born.

However, with this pregnancy, I feel like I have just spent since Christmas trying to survive. I am really praying for just a couple pain free weeks to enjoy the last little bit of pregnancy.

I have also been worried for the baby because I have not really taken prenatal vitamins because I have been so sick (now at 33 weeks I weigh a couple pounds less than when I got pregnant). However, this kid kicks just as hard as Erik did, and the second sonogram I had he looked healthy and measured a week ahead. So I am not so worried. I am thankful for that piece of mind.

On other notes, my tulips are blossomed. They are red with yellow throats. Very pretty.

Erik has not had an accident since the end of March (the Monday I was in the hospital), and he is now wearing big boy underwear all the time. We are so proud of him. He is pretty proud too. We got him Thomas underwear, and as soon as there is an opening in Ms. Carole's class at school he gets to move up because he is 3 and potty trained. He is so excited about that. They have been letting him go to Ms. Carole's class whenever one of her students don't show up.

At school yesterday, Erik drew a picture of Baby James. It is basically a big smiley face. He was pretty proud of himself. Todd, I, Nana, and Erik's teacher think it is pretty sweet. I think he is getting excited to have a little brother.

Nana did our laundry last week. I am so thankful for that. And, Pawpaw came and cut our grass today. That was great too. Erik especially liked it because he got to ride in Pawpaws lap on the lawnmower for a couple passes around the yard. Erik actually had to go down for nap when Pawpaw was still cutting the grass. He cried and cried when he woke up and realized that Pawpaw had gone home.

We have had a couple people bring us dinners (the Bakers, my mom, the Pardues, Vicki). They have been so appreciated.

Well, that is all for now. I hope to post some pictures, soon.

1 comment:

Carpenters said...

Way to go, Erik!! Michelle, I'm praying for you. I hope you get to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.